Working with local funeral directors, Dundee City Council have launched the Respectful Funeral Service to offer residents in Dundee a tailored funeral package with savings of 20-40% of the Scottish average. The four funeral directors currently signed up to offer this package include Co-op Funeralcare, James Ashton & Son, Millar Family Funeral Directors and Sturrock Comb & Davidson.
Each funeral director offers the following identical package, however be aware that charges vary:
- Collection of the deceased from within Dundee
- Care and preparation of the deceased
- A choice of coffin ranging from light or dark wood effect or environmental
- A place of rest and viewing facilities
- A hearse and one family car
- Arrangements on the day of the funeral
Prices charged by the funeral directors who currently offer the Respectful Funeral Service are:
- Sturrock Comb & Davidson: prices from £1,775
- Millar Family Funeral Directors: prices from £1,850
- Co-op Funeralcare: prices from £1,895
- James Ashton & Son: prices from £2,130
Important! The quoted fees do not include Burial or Cremation costs or any additional services (often called disbursements) e.g. a minister, priest or celebrant; extra cars; order of service; newspaper death notice, flowers or the after funeral tea etc.
Although the Dundee City Council Respectful Funeral Service may help reduce the cost of funerals in Dundee, the total fees when Crematorium, Burial and Disbursement costs are added can still make paying for a loved ones funeral unaffordable to many people.
Independent of Dundee City Council and funeral directors the funeral link team can help YOU find ways to reduce costs on all things funeral – contact us first on 01382 458800 for friendly, confidential advice.